Quick Fit Tip - Tricep Dips
Summertime also means Summer clothing and more skin showing. A common question I get from women is how to fix the flabby area at the back of the arms.
You know, the “batwings”?
First of all, you can’t spot reduce; you have to reduce all over body fat. However, you can tone the area.
The muscle at the back of the upper arm is the tricep.
Here is an at home exercise that requires no equipment.
* Position your hands shoulder-width apart on a stable chair, coffee table or bench.
* Slide your butt off the front of the bench with your legs extended out in front of you.
* Straighten your arms, keeping a little bend in your elbows to keep tension on your triceps and off your elbow joints.
* Slowly bend your elbows to lower your body toward the floor until your elbows are at about a 90-degree angle. Be sure to keep your back close to the bench.
* Once you reach the bottom of the movement, press down into the bench to straighten your elbows, returning to the starting position. This completes one rep. * Keep your shoulders down as you lower and raise your body. You can bend your legs to modify this exercise.
Do three sets of 15 reps.